29, మార్చి 2010, సోమవారం

I miss singing lullabies

I miss singing lullabies for my daughter SIRI. She is turning four next month and it seemed like just a few days ago my cute little baby needed daddy to carry her singing lullaby every night for at least half an hour walking around in the house. Even though daddy is not good at singing, some how he managed to find telugu laali songs (Any song that has laali word in it qualified initially and later realized not all of them qualify for lullabies. Some of them are rejected right away by SIRI) like vatapatra saiki from swathi muthyam, chandamaama raave from sirivennela and oh paapa laali from Geetanjali. Sick of hearing myself singing same songs I started English ones like "Hush little baby" and as SIRI demanded more of the same I started making up my own lyrics for "Hush little baby". Some how not happy singing English lullabies and googled for telugu lullabies and came across "Gunnamamidi komma meeda" song from http://sreeszone.blogspot.com. This is a big hit in my house and SIRI wanted me to sing it every night. She wants me to sing the song replacing Koyila with SIRI and Chilaka with Vennela (her best friend).
Lately SIRI is not interested in them any more. She wants mommy to read 10 books every night. Poor daddy is missing singing lullabies for SIRI. In fact, daddy is having hard time explaining little one why she should not listen to "Ringa Ringa" song from Arya-2. Every time the song is skipped in the car, SIRI demands "I like that song, I wanna listen to Ringa Ringa". I see her singing the last played song as soon as we get out the car. Daddy really got mad when she added 'Daddy ledu EK Niranjan' to the "Amma ledu naanna ledu" song. Now daddy is not only missing singing lullabies, but also has the task of DJ (skipping the songs like Ringa Ringa) and at times explaining words in songs that I never thought I would explain to a toddler.

4 కామెంట్‌లు:

  1. yes.. the tune is catchy.. I enjoy it too with the kid thankfully I am not yet in the stage where I need to explain the meaning to her, dread it though.. but would say dj'ing is not a very good idea as we are putting it in NO category and kids usually tend to tread a lot more in no entry zones...

    రిప్లయితొలగించండి
  2. sree,
    You are right. It's just me not comfortable explaining lyrics that are not appropriate for kids.

    రిప్లయితొలగించండి
  3. Your situation looks like my future with my 2 yr old. I should enjoy what I have with him while it lasts.

    how about singing some rhymes during her before-bed bath or creating another dad-daughter time?

    రిప్లయితొలగించండి
  4. jaabili,
    Now she only likes stories during bed time. She is very good at picking the songs though. Now we play cricket together and she likes to play computer games.

    రిప్లయితొలగించండి