15, అక్టోబర్ 2010, శుక్రవారం

Down but not out...

I wrote this blog when I was away from blogging for a while in July'2010.
It's been a while I wrote my last blog. Some how felt afraid to write my thoughts during this long down time (without job for a while). Even though I was fine (it is not me but the people around me) for the first six months, lately it has been a pain to face people who think there is something wrong with me for being out of job for so long.

I keep on thinking about my days without job, they are to some extent unproductive (may be to large extent) to my IT Career, but they are very satisfying. Each day has given me a chance to connect to people that matter most to me. Bringing confidence in people to cope up with their problems and spend more time with my daughter. Started Kumon for my four year old, took her for swimming and piano classes. Had the luxury of waking up late and sending the little one after feeding her breakfast, cooking for her and bringing her back early and feeding her dinner. I know it is odd coming from a dad and my friends make fun of me calling me Mr Pellam. I enjoyed every minute of my down time, took my daughter to places every weekend and did not care if it is 100 or 600 miles. Have been to India, visited families around, watched favorite movies, went for skydiving, chatted long hours with best friends, parents and cousins. For all those that felt sorry I even told them that I am having a blast.

Of course on the flip side, some people whose relationship with me is partially dependent on me having a job and sound finances have changed their behavior. There are people who tried to stay away as they are afraid that if they come near me they might be obligated to help me. Apart from my parents who are always worried about me as all parenst do, the world started to appear differently. I have seen my value (which is not much without my job and financial situation). I tried my best to keep my spirits up as I am enjoying it by doing things like chasing the rainbow with my daughter, flying kite, feeding her, watching movies and reflecting on what's going in my life. In this down time though I was thousands of miles away, I grew closer to some of my friends and relatives, called my parents as often as I wanted to and was never guilty of not spending enough time with my daughter and taking care of family.

I have actually enjoyed my worth when I was down. I am happy when I was down, but I was never out.
Image Source: http://www.insidesocal.com/

6 కామెంట్‌లు:

  1. :)..going through the same phase...left the job to b with my children after 12 years of exp, but not able to adjust...thanks for this post...inspired...not to take life negatively, but positively:):):)

    రిప్లయితొలగించండి
  2. wow nice post.Me too in the same phase as of yours....resigned my job in India nd settled in US. Every day once or twice I used to recall all those days and feel sad about my present situation.....but after this post, I realized that this is the leisure time for me to do things which I wanna do..be happy...nd enjy life..Thanq Chandu :)

    రిప్లయితొలగించండి
  3. ఇందు,
    You are welcome. I'm sure you have a long list of things you always wanted to do, it's time to start.

    రిప్లయితొలగించండి